Friday, July 5, 2013

Three magnificent days

It was June 25th, 2013 at 4.50 p.m. the very first time I got on the mountain's top. Yep, it was Mt. Gede in Cianjur. I hiked with 4 friends, mas Harsha (the one and only person I've recognized before the hiking), Niwa, Mas Ayman, and Ncek. We actually planned to meet altogether on 23th June at Cibodas at 9 p.m. As I already had an agenda before and turned out they all were late departing, I got there earliest and met the other friend, Kamal. Well, it was after a certain moment that I got to wait until the street was open up, et cetera... Let's just skip! First thing first, I didn't bring my camera, but I couldn't stand not to share the pictures. So I asked my friend his pictures.. :)

I fell my tears all of sudden, when I reached the top :")

Me, on the field of Edelweiss


We departed on Monday, 24th June 2013. We went up through route of Gunung Putri. There are two routes Gunung Putri and Cibodas. The route from Gunung Putri is easier to hike, IMO. It consists of land and roots, so that it's not that hard compared to from Cibodas. Moreover, it's shorter, approximately 5-6 hours walk for a pro. We reached Surya Kencana (Surken); place to camp, at around 4:30 p.m. It was a large field, more like savana full with Edelweiss flowers blooming. Even though we passed an exhausting rough trip to the top, all pain was relieved at the moment I saw Surken.

Landscape of Surya Kencana

The moment when we accomplished reaching Surya Kencana!  Amazingly satisfied..

The camp field was sooo windy. The night sky was so bright, though. Decorated by a full moon and loads of stars

We met a lovely and helpful family, including 2 kids. They are just great.

Look at that blue sky!!

Finally we reached the peak of Mt. Gede, around 4 p.m.

The team was in action

Thank God I am Indonesian :)

That's the peak of Mt. Pangrango. We planned to hike on to it, but too bad we ran out of logistics and time.

Yeaeyy..we were super girls! 

Right after we reached on the to of the Mt. Gede, we went down to the Kandang Badak, where we would have a stay over one night. We descended the mt. for only 1,5 hours, which was very fast. I was actually a bit worried because I didn't bring any torch or lighter. I relied on others to light up my way. Thankfully, I have a great team (except for one person, different story.. :D). Then we finally arrived at Kandang Badak and built a camp. Again, we were lucky as we had such another kind-hearted camp-neighbour. Most of them came from South Sumatra, Sriwijaya University, far away and gotta across the strait! They would stay longer than us, around 4 days. However, they lending us stoves and helped us cooking. It was another amazing story.

We cooked together

They were making "pempek" a la montagne ;)
We descended on 26 June, at around 11 a.m. We wouldn't obviously miss taking photos along the way back. Turned out there were some other attractions, "Cibereum" waterfall, spring water (this is so damn hot), lake, and of course the scenery of preservation park..

The river from Cibereum waterfall, taken by mas Harsha

Me, carrying carrier.. ^_^
And finally, the journey ended.

Welcome gate from Cibodas.


2 comments:

  1. Asek asek, sampe netes air mata critanya, awww..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hohoo..
      itu refleks..antara terharu sama kemasukan debu.. :p

      Delete