Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Karimunjawa Islands: As in Heaven

I was planning to go to Karimunjawa at that time. I got the info from my cousin that he actually asked me to go there, yet we haven't found any precise date for the trip. At last, I decided to go there without any doubts, only few days preparation.


Start by looking up several references from friends who have already been there. Also, I looked up some travel agents managing the trip. I got a reference from bukumuka and it turned out that they already have their own website. I wouldn't be there without any guidance and lost since I didn't know that place before.


Friday, July 22th, 2011.
I departed from Semarang on Friday evening, by travel. If you are from Semarang or Jogja, you can find some travels in here. I have booked a room in a hotel in Jepara. I have to stay for a night in Jepara since the ferry for crossing to Karimunjawa departs at around 7 a.m. There are some choices for staying there on this website. It took two hours from Semarang to Jepara. Arrived in the hotel, I checked in and voila I got surprised by the room's bed :)


Saturday, July 23rd, 2011.
Later in the morning, I got up early, was prepared and ready to go there at 6 a.m. I went to Kartini harbour by pedicab, it actually took approximately 25 mins walks from the hotel I stayed, yet (again) I didn't want to lost and miss the ferry. I was so excited to get there. Some friends of mine told that the scenery was amazing. I firstly looked for the tour agent, and for your information, there were approx. 60 persons altogether. The only thing that made it less impressive is about the fact that we have to go on ferry for 6 hours to cross the island. It would be okay if it was a land trip. However, realizing that it is a water trip, you HAVE TO prepare everything. If you seem to get seasick, you definitely need Antimo. Well, I successfully killed the time and boredom by listening to the music. The ferry departed at 8 a.m. Frankly speaking, I could stand on that situation for the first 4 hours, while I felt so sick and nausea during the next two hours. The only way to overcome it was by sleeping. However, how can we sleep within that situation???

Well, let's forget about the worse! We had already arrived in Karimunjawa island at around 2.00 p.m. . My first impression was so-so, the water is so blue, the white sand, and the freedom came from the giant water surface. I was born to love water and ocean. ^^

First thing I did was going to the home stay. Thanks God that I got a home stay which is quite satisfying and has complete facilities whose owner is so kind. It was Berkah Ilahi home stay. However, again, I got surprised by the room's bed :) I took a rest for a while, then took a shower to cleanse my tired body. And this is it, the beauty came firstly from its sunset. I was walking around that island, having a sightseeing and finally came to a small harbor in the west-side island. I could see an amazing sunset from that place. It was a dark-orange circle fell down from the sky as if it was hidden by the horizon.
What a wonderful one..!!

Twilight, that was not the end of the story. I had dinner in home stay, pretty good cooking from the host :) After dinner, had a look around neighborhood for a second, I slept early to revitalize my body :)


Sunday, July 24th, 2011...
i counted as the first day in Karimunjawa. Got up at 5 a.m. for prayer, then slept again for a moment, then got prepared for the trip today. At 8 a.m., having breakfast, going to the west harbour, I was ready to start crossing to the first island, and I would say "Subhanallah...". I could say nothing, speechless...my surrounding was just a blue water like a carpet and it was just so gorgeous..I wouldn't say anything more that you should give a try visiting Karimunjawa.

On the first day trip, we went to Pulau Tengah; for snorkeling-that i missed- and photo session, Pulau Kecil; had fish grilled for lunch and prayer and snorkeling (again if you want to), Pulau Gosong; for taking photos, Pulau Hiu and finally we went back to Pulau Besar Karimun. One peculiar island is Pulau Gosong, which is an island without any trees at all, and tho whole island is covered by water and beautiful gradation of blue color. All you can see was a giant pool covered in blue liquid. So amazing. And if you're lucky you could meet dolphins during the trip crossing islands. We got back to Pulau Besar Karimun at 4 p.m. My first day was soooo memorable. ^,^
After dinner, I went to a coffeeshop called "Amore". There were seven of us, got to know each other on boat in the morning before. Yet, I already knew one of them so well and it was pleasure to know them. I didn't taste the food, however, the drinks...hmm..I could say not bad.. Since it was night already, they run out of some menu's ingredients. All in all, that night was fun and fabulous..


Monday, July 27, 2011,
the second day trip yet the last day to sightseeing :( Just like the previous day, the activities start at 8 a.m. Having breakfast, my friends and I, in the same boat went to some other islands. We went to Pulau Menjangan Kecil; for snorkeling, then we moved on to Pulau Cemara Besar; played with white sands in the water, had lunch, took lots of pics. After that, we went to Pantai Ujung Gelam. Seem that the activities were just the same. Nevertheless, each sites has its own characteristics, and the best way is to watch it ourselves to depict. Got back to Pulau Karimun Besar, I felt so exhausted yet super FUN..I had to queue for shower, since there were only two bathrooms for 11 persons. No worries..all is just GREAT!!

I went to souvenir shop at night. Had a look around and bought some souvenirs for family. Then, I went back to home stay and got all the stuffs packed. That night, I slept so tight, felt relieved and refreshed after all those memorable moments.


Tuesday, July 28, 2011.
This is the time for going back home. Got prepared, and all stuffs packed, we all went to the harbour, the same with one where we firstly came. The ferry departed at 7.30 a.m. The same as the previous crossing, it took 6 hours long across. Touched down Jepara, I went Semarang by travel, and this is the end of the trip (^,^)d

I'll be back there later... <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Halo armeey... kalau ada rencana untuk berlibur ke karimun jawa lagi, silahkan kunjungi web kami, tersedia paket menginap

    http://karimunjawamenjanganresort.com/"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kami menyediakan paket wisata di Karimunjawa yang berkualitas.
    Terimakasih kak Armeey.

    Kurnia Karimunjawa
    www.tourkarimunjawa.net

    ReplyDelete